Name:

Passionate, mercurial, strong, educated & cultured.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Black Lake had many foul rumors amongst the few that could remember hearing stories of it, those rumors were well founded. It was a location that proved to be a guardian house that served a purpose that now I wish were still intact. Having made past its waters our, or at least mine and Pavel's path, has become so clear to me now. The beauty of the forge, the perfect fire, the twining of metals and magic, it has become so clear now. I recall hearing many times of "The weave". It is a rather ironic yet aptly described relationship of the metals and the magic, how the two are separate unto themselves. Each are like different types of threads, but when brought together in the right manner, like woven cloth which is stronger and completely different than just a balled up mass of different threads. My life's focus has been altered, altered by a goddess herself. While I still retain identification with Gond and the base creation of items the knowledge and understanding of how magic and metals flow and react to each other, with each other. This is a gift directly from Mystra. The ability to see the flaws in fires, the ability to control to an infinitely more precise manner the variances of a fire until it is totally harmonized, it is virtually indescribable. We have found a portal that makes our return journey to Kurth less than a days travel. We return with great news for Kurth and all of the Vast, the Banite threat of bloodmetal does not exist. There is much more work to be done. I do not know if all of Pavel's visions hold impact on my life from here, but they most certainly did up to now. I have had Animosus dispatch a special courier to remedy a difficult dilemma for me, it is a short term solution for a very long term problem that life has chosen for me. For now I am eager to use my skills, new insight and ability to craft items that will become my lessons on the refinement of my understanding of magic. Very shortly after our return we learn from Haliembrar and Animosus that priestess of Shar have been covertly operating with misconduct within Kurth. Their hands are tied, as officers of the government they cannot interfere, doctrine clearly states this but an independent agent of another religion is not bound from action. Evan has spoken and is ready to prove charges of misconduct after we have gained entry. He has lawful right and I believe his intentions to be unselfish, I will aid his cause.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Dungeon Master said...

Kel - I need some clarity on the "pinning-down" of the Blackguard captain... did you place crossblades over his arms, or did you pin him down through his hands. I thought you had done the first option, not the second... please clarify?

11:37 AM  
Blogger The Dungeon Master said...

Thanks for the clarification Kel.

I'd like to comment that I have re-read this post again, now, that I have time to savor the meaning and careful selection of words. Kelestri's prose crackles and flickers with insight and depth. Thank you for a most enjoyable post. Well done.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home