Name:

Passionate, mercurial, strong, educated & cultured.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Well so much for trying to be reasonable with an Ur-priest masquerading as an orc leader. He asked for a chair, I figured very well, lets start this diplomatically, I think the next time I'm involved in an interrogation of an Ur-priest the first thing I do is kick in his teeth then explain this may make it a little more difficult to understand him but I owed a favor to the last one I encountered. During the questioning I learned that the potion that Slyl has is a potion of gaseous form, nice to know. I also learned from where, or more specifically from whom, that unholy, unnatural sound came from. Yet another reason to kick in any other Ur-priest's teeth. We got confirmation that Ur-priests, Banites, orcs and opportunistic price-gougers are working together on this, not good, not good at all. We gather up all the children and other remaining survivors, load them into a carriage found at the stables and make for as quick a refugee march towards Kurth as we can. During our trek to Kurth we happened across another merchant wagon, the driver not only knew Animosus but he works for the Constans family. A family of merchants! I misread Animosus, I thought he had military background, well I guess that explains why the battles have been rather unformulated. He's good enough with his sword to think formal military training, but the son of a merchant, and not even the eldest son....
As we approach Kurth we witness the sight of the sun casting full glow on the sides of the Earthspur Mountains and make our way inside the gates of Kurth. Kurth is under repair, hasty repair and I get the impression that they are expecting more trouble and may already have infiltration problems. The forge is in full operation and is looking for help. Judging from what I hear the work is so rushed and sloppy it would make Bromar's beard go straight, best to not buy anything made here recently. I visit a blade shop next door and purchase a couple of better quality blades, the scrollwork on the hilts indicate that the blades were made well south of here. I also get Slyl a nice set of throwing daggers, there is a depth to Slyl that I need to better understand and gifts, friendship and respect tend to garner truth. Alyona has grown a little distant these last couple of days, perhaps the weight and realism of the nomadic life of an adventurer is setting in. I admit that I've been a little less attentive to her and we all need a good bath but situation has dictated that.
I have some theories about all the occurrences of late that are better left not put to paper. I need to share them with someone, and someone I can trust until more evidence happens our way.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Guru said...

Very thoughtful and insightful. I think we are all a bunch of aspiring tale spinners.
A very good read.

11:59 AM  
Blogger The Dungeon Master said...

Agreed. Reading Kelestri's scribings is not unlike downing a glass of Calimsharian Amber Wine. Like the wine, Kelestri's account flows sweetly, yet with a strong amber tint. Both Kelestri and the brewing process remain still a mystery.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Pavel the Monk said...

I like how Kelestri flows tactics, love, sunsets, personal hygene, unspeakable evil and children all into one long stream.

Like when you slurp up a bowl of zesty spaghetti only to find that your entire bowlfull is one, long noodle.

Nice post. Pavel slurps.

9:30 AM  
Blogger The Dungeon Master said...

Magically, Kelestri is transported to a place and time where she has ample time to write in her journal.

I eagerly await the arrival of Kelestri's next thrilling post. Additionally, I can't wait to find out what was said between her and Animosus.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home