Name:

Passionate, mercurial, strong, educated & cultured.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The results of the interrogation of the orc revealed that there were in fact more survivors, children no less, in some underground chambers of the Church of the Earth Mother. This church like the Abby of Mystra, had been taken over by the Banites and was being used as their headquarters. I hurried back to those hidden at The Winged Cat and learned that there was a secret wall that should be accessed from the rear of the building. We chose to send Corim and Slyl ahead to quietly check things out, which went well for about only three or four minutes after they left, then yelping brought us all together in a hurry, severed hands and quite a few of them crawling all about, at least the Banite icon makes some sense now. Seems they were searching the wrong wall, I think next time I'll draw them a diagram on Slyl's slate. Once the right wall was searched it opened up and stairs went down. Again Corim and Slyl go forward, and again the rest of us hurry in to mayhem already in progress. Slyl was pointing frantically at the three chains that held prisoners that were attached to the belt of our target. I'm still not sure why we were hitting the chains first but at least *I* know when to just do and not stand around asking for explanations. We push forward and check out a few chambers below, once more we have Corim and Slyl go forward to check things out and yes, once more, a few seconds after they return we have more angry visitors. I think maybe next time I'll say "Slyl and Corim why don't you go ahead and poke that hornets nest a little just to get them all stirred up so we can have a good fight." This fight WAS very different, first I still do not know what it was, or where it came from but the most unholy, unnatural sound echoed through that hallway. There is a time to fight and there is a time to retreat and take stock of the situation. THIS WAS THE LATTER! Alyona, Slyl and Corim had reactions that seemed to agree. I don't know if it was presence of mind or formal military training or what but Animosus, Pavel and Avirey stayed to trade blows. Corim and I tried to close back into the fray after reassessing the conditions and just as I got back that big orc leader started to push past me, unarmed. Oh no you don't. The leader orc who was fading into and out of his orcish appearance before my very eyes had my heart racing and I reached out and picked him up, off the floor, by his throat, his eyes shut and his body went slack. Slyl bound him very quickly, oddly quickly. We heard the sounds of wracking agony and an odd chanting. We bolt forward and empty into a chamber that is so gristly, so vile and demented that I am choking back the lump in my throat thinking about it as I write. We find the children, and more company. The company offers little resistance and the only thing notable was the sweet shot that Leif produced. I doubt he even saw where he was aiming with his tear filled eyes, but I'm pretty sure his bolt entered through an old rivet hole. Planned or not it was a great shot, I tried to lighten his mood because he was visibly shaken but he gave no response, I even had to physically pick him and keep him from denting up his blade on the torture and dementia devices. This was a place I was quite ready to put some distance to.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Dungeon Master said...

The observant Kelestri has once again pointed out the humor with our "sneaky-duo". I hadn't realized just how many times Slyl and Corim used their stealth to find trouble. Very funny!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Pavel the Monk said...

Nice narrative, Kelestri. I especially liked your spin on Leif, his shot and his freak-out on the torture devices.

9:47 PM  
Blogger The Guru said...

Are you just jealous?
I won't mind if you volunteer to go "stir up" the next bunch of monsters we run into.
Oh wait, I should make up my mind. Run in or hold back. I guess we'll just keep it the way it seems to work best.
Nice work catching the "orc."

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home